Saturday, June 5, 2010

Yentafo

A bowl of Yentafo noodle soup [from a food stall at TOPS' supermarket food court in Fashion Island Mall]

Rating: 4 / 5 stars

I bet that many of you may have never heard of Yentafo before. What is Yentafo? Well, it's a very well known Thai noodle dish with the pink sauce. The sauce is usually made from fermented bean paste, salt, and vinegar. You can also buy the Yentafo sauce from any Asian supermarket. So, the other day I ordered a bowl of Yentafo noodle soup from a food stall at TOPS' supermarket food court for 35 Baht (about $1 US). There were a variety of fishballs, fried tofu, and morning glory vegetable in the noodle soup. However, I requested not to put in pig's blood or octopus. Overall, this noodle soup was good and filling.

You can make Yentafo at home. Just buy the basic ingredients such as rice noodles, fishball, fried tofu, the Yentafo sauce, and any soup base (seafood or vegetable). You can also put in morning glory vegetable or spinach, white fungus mushrooms, pig's blood, and octopus. You can buy the instant noodle soup Yentafo flavor as well. Sometimes I buy the MAMA Instant Noodle Yentafo flavor when I don't feel like buying a jar of the Yentafo sauce. Then, you can add in the basic ingredients into the instant noodle soup.

If you are too lazy to make Yentafo, you can try to order it some Thai restaurants. Definitely give Yentafo a try!

[NOTE: Picture taken from my NOKIA E63].

No comments:

Post a Comment